Our Areas of Expertise
Peninsula Capital Advisors has garnered expertise on a global scale in more than 40 countries.
- Peninsula Capital principals have managed capital markets desks at major financial institutions through all different economic cycles over three decades.
- Our understanding of both current and historical market conditions enables us to accurately assess market reception to new issues as well as advise on potential refinancing opportunities.
- Our principals have experience structuring and implementing financing across the entire spectrum of corporate financing structures.
- Our product experience covers both non-investment and investment grade debt. It includes bank financing, institutional loans, investment and non-investment grade bonds, mezzanine financing and convertible bond structures.
- Having gathered experience through thirty years on Wall Street, we have developed broad relationships with many of the most recognized sources of capital.
- Our contacts span from the largest international banks to hedge funds and other private sources of capital. Given the credibility established over time, these sources of capital willingly pick up our phone calls for deal discussion.
Structuring & Negotiation
- Peninsula Capital principals have negotiated countless transactions and billions of dollars of financing. Known as commercial and fair negotiators by both corporates and financial sponsors, the benefit of this experience can be incredibly useful when put into action for borrowers.
- Additionally, we have structured innovative financing solutions through all economic cycles. The benefit of having experienced economic cyclicality can not be underestimated, particularly when dealing with critical financings.
- We have been negotiating fees and titles across the product spectrum since 1988. Our principals have participated in the evolution of the institutional loan and high yield markets as they grew to more closely resemble one another.
- Having worked for years on the investment banking side of the table, we have virtually perfect information on what represents fair and equitable compensation for arrangers. Furthermore, since our compensation is not dependent on capital markets fees, our advice is unfettered by a need to meet a required return on capital.
We offer discrete, objective and independent capital structure advice across a spectrum of different industries.
Confidentiality and discretion
- Our principals have worked on some of the largest public to private leveraged acquisitions and have always demonstrated an impeccable ability to maintain confidentiality. Furthermore, acting in a purely advisory capacity eliminates any conflicts of interest that exist within a large financial institution.
- We offer two different approaches: we are willing to take a lead role and negotiate directly with financing sources, or if preferred, we are happy to advise clients on a private basis and have them utilize our advice for direct negotiations.
Objective and independent advice
- Capital markets fees can be quite motivating for large investment banks. Since our compensation is not dependent on attaining a share of new issue fees, our advice is entirely objective and independent of any outside influences that could inappropriately skew it.
- We endeavor to arrive at the best financing structure for our clients, untainted by what would best benefit the underwriters.
Senior focused attention
- Every transaction receives the most senior level attention and commitment.
- Having decades of experience in the 24/7 world of investment banking, our emphasis is on our availability to our clients.
- We have a proven track record of creative advice and fair negotiation across the spectrum of debt financing instruments.
- This proven track record allows us to enter discussions with current and prospective capital providers with an unparalleled level of credibility.
Excellent sector coverage
- Our extensive experience covers a broad variety of industries, not limited to: Natural Resources, Power, Real Estate and Gaming, Media and Telecom, Aerospace and Defense, Consumer and Retail, and General Industrials.
- Having covered many industries enables us to understand the nuances necessary to appropriately structure financings for different business cycles.